A construction worker named Kabir Mia (28) died of electrocution in North Suhilpur village of Suhilpur union of Brahmanbaria Sadar upazila on Tuesday afternoon. The deceased Kabir Mia is the son of Jaru Mia of Anandpur in Majlishlur Union of the same upazila. Kabir’s colleagues said that construction work was going on in a house in North Suhilpur even in the rain. Kabir went there to connect electricity to a machine for welding work. At that time, when he became unconscious due to electric shock, he was rescued and brought to the 250-bed General Hospital. Kabir, a doctor in the hospital’s emergency department, was later declared dead.
Kabir’s father Md Zaru Mia complained that the owner of the under-construction building forced his son to install the electric wire in the rain. And that’s when he came to know that his son lost his life. He blamed the building owner for this. In this regard, the second officer (sub-inspector) of Brahmanbaria sadar police station said. Imam Hasan said that the police was sent there after we came to know about the death of a construction worker due to electrocution. The body is in Sadar Hospital Mortuary.